If you’ve been looking for the best basketball shoes for youth girl, this review will help you find the best girls’ basketball shoes of all time. Some of the tips to consider in your search have also been outlined for you.
Big brands have placed considerable efforts in developing top basketball shoes. Adidas made a whopping 47% increase in sales in 2013 from 2009, making a total of $25 billion in sales. Analysts are even saying that there are no signs of this market losing energy. With many basketball sneakers in sales, which shoes should you add to your collection?
Best Girls Basketball Shoes Review For 2022
1. Little Plum
This pair has mesh uppers that give it a lightweight feel and also make the feet cool and dry. So no need to worry about sweat as it quickly absorbs it.
It’s flexible in all directions, thanks to its horizontal and vertical flex grooves. Also, its cushioning allows you to get around your opponent and attack with authority.
Some users, however, say they barely last a month due to poor quality and that the color wears out pretty fast. The good thing is that its anti-slip sole provides stability for a variety of surfaces and terrains.
- Optimal breathable and lightweight feel
- Super easy to get on and off
- Easy to clean
- Highly flexible
- The color wears off quite fast
- They do run small in size.
- They look good on any outfit, and this is something girls can appreciate more.
- Since young ones grow out shoes real quickly, they might outgrow these sooner than you think and so you might want to put two additional pairs on your cart while ordering.
This non-slip rubber sole shoe comfortably locks in your feet. The durable net that overlays locks in the midfoot makes it excellently stable. Additionally, the vertical and horizontal grooves also give you stability in all directions.
The wider than average toe box that it has gives enough room for your foot to breathe. On top of that, you also get enough toe spread for improved balance and a stronger base push-off.
Despite its stability, if it does not fit up to size, you might lose grip and slide. To avert this, ensure that your order is the right fit.
- Provides good ankle support
- Fits to the actual size
- Easy to take on and off
- You might lose the grip if it doesn’t fit well
- Not great quality for the price
- Don’t forget to make sure it fits before playing so that you don’t lose your grip and fall.
These shoes will last for a long time, making them one of the best options in the market since they are 100% leather. The rubber sole has also been well made and doesn’t leave scuffs. The vibrant color it portrays on the screen is true to its picture.
If all you’ve been getting are canvas shoes, this would be your top pick because they are 100% leather making it the perfect quality.
- Lasts long
- Rubber sole doesn’t leave scuff
- Has a sturdy high top
- Has a vibrant color
- Not machine washable
- For 4-8-year-old girls who play a lot, these shoes will last long because of the quality of material – 100% leather. They will, therefore, not wear out quickly. But you will need to replace them because they will outgrow them.
4. JMFCHI girls shoes reviews
These are the best choice for kids as they are durable, non-slip, and cushiony. While playing on the court, you will witness minimal feet and ankle injury because it’s a high-top sneaker. The soft sole it has will provide a comfortable feel and feet. Shoes, as comfortable as these, will enable your child to develop her love for the game.
The leather upper makes it easy to clean. What could be more convenient? You can walk with confidence with these shoes on a slippery floor as the rubber sole increases the friction between the sole and the ground.
Other users think that the plastic side pieces are a little cheaply made, but for the price, it is not all that bad after all.
- Comes in a variety of sizes (both for little girls and big girls)
- Easy to clean
- Minimizes ankle injury
- Very comfortable
- The dye transfers to white socks
- The laces are not easy to tie
- You need to note that they don’t come in size ‘w.’
- You need to think twice before buying these for your kid because there have been complaints of weak grip. They do not grip the court floor as they should.
5. Adidas Kids’ D.o.n. Issue #1 Basketball Shoe
These are the best for 4-8-year-old girls since they are lightweight. They highly enhance comfort and flexibility with the bounce cushioning feature that they have.
They have fantastic treads, but traction is not that good, and so lateral movements cannot be aided on the floor.
One customer expected a little more cushion of the insole. Luckily, she did not have to return them because her daughter seemed to like them.
These solid youth basketball shoes have a synthetic sole that can allow them to last a long time regardless of the surface you tread.
- Provides a good grip
- Has awesome treads
- Comfortable and flexible
- Wears out a little quickly
- Traction is not that good
- The traction works well on clean courts, which means you will have to wipe them from time to time on dusty courts
These sensational pair of girls’ basketball shoes are inexpensive – you will not have to break the bank to get them. They have a rubber sole, and they fit true to size. Their sparkle detailing makes them look attractive, and their well-padded collar and high traction outsole provide fantastic support for your ankles. Its shock-absorbing lightweight midsole is also supportive.
- No cons
Buy on Amazon
- They are great for children as they support your child’s young feet while minimizing injury.
The leather upper provides durable support in the court. Its thin rubber outsole provides traction. The lightweight form midsole offers flexible cushioning, enabling you to go around the court with ease while giving toe to heel cushioning. These shoes provide exceptional comfort as they are built with foam-backed mesh. Perfect for the court because it’s light and durable. The mid-foot strap also locks your foot down. These shoes, however, lack the full high top profile, which most girls love.
- Durable support
- Provides toe-to-heel cushioning
- Provides traction
- They lack the full high top profile
- The soles are not leather
- If you love sneakers with a high top profile, these shoes might not please you.
8. Adidas Performance Top Ten Hi J Basketball Shoe
These Best-performance Adidas shoes are flexible and provide excellent support. Also, they are durable for all-court play, thanks to the leather and synthetic upper. Its thinly padded collar gives it comfort and a soft feel.
Unfortunately, the toe box is a little tight for some people, but you can as well keep the laces a little bit loose. You also don’t have to lace them all the way up.
- Cheaper than the men’s version
- Comfortable and supportive
- Durable for all-court play
- Great style and color
- Not for flat feet
- The toe box is a little tight
Buy on Amazon
- If you have flat feet, these sneakers may be uncomfortable.
- The upper leather will remain intact, whether you use it indoors or outdoors.
9. Adidas Kids’ Ownthegame Wide Basketball Shoe
Own the game with these wide basketball shoes that have superior cloud form cushioning in the midsole and footbed for comfort. This pair was made with the wide-feet player in mind. They are comfortable and you can use them outside the court. Even though the top of the shoe is made of cheap material, they match the price.
- Hold up nicely
- They fit with some growing room
- They limit sliding around the court
- The inside peels off
- Not suitable for narrow feet
Buy on Amazon
- You want to avoid these if your feet are narrow because you could trip in them.
Tsukihoshi rainbow sneakers mimic the barefoot walking motion because of the generous toe box they have. They also enhance grip and balance, therefore, reducing the chances of injury. Their natural, removable, green-tea-antibacterial insoles make them machine washable.
Some users, however, noticed that the shoes have glue issues since the rubber toe box and the velcro strap peeled apart. The shoes promise comfort though.
- Great for skinny feet
- Perfect style and color for girls’ taste
- Simple to put on and take off
- Narrower in the front foot area
- Glue issues
Buy on Amazon
- Even though they might be narrower in the front foot area, they are excellent overall.
Tips for buying best girls basketball shoes: What you should check
- Does it provide excellent cushioning support?
If your shoes aren’t comfortable, you are preparing for a disaster. Sneakers with foam cushioning will keep you in the game till the last quarter. Your feet will not strain, and you will not also get fatigued later on.
- Is it made from a lightweight upper material?
Inside the court, you are either jumping higher or running faster. You don’t want anything weighing you down. Therefore, you need to choose shoes that are lightweight, preferably one with a textile leather upper. Avoid the heavy ones at all costs.
- Easy to clean?
Save your time by finding basketball shoes that are easy to clean. Those with leather material are the easiest to clean since you only need to wipe them. However, be careful not to expose them to too much moisture and sunlight. You don’t want to see your favorite game shoes crack.
- Is the traction okay?
Get those with intricate tread patterns. Also, since explosive movements have to be part of the game, you might want to check if it gives a good squeak. Get a good tread pattern for an excellent grip to minimize slipping.
- Does it fit?
It might be impossible to play with shoes that don’t fit. You will give up 10 minutes into the game. Choose those that fit comfortably – not too tight and not too loose (this might cause sliding). There should be a space between the end of the shoe and your big toe (one-quarter to one-half inch).
A little flash doesn’t hurt. Don’t be afraid to get shoes that look stylish and make you feel good about yourself in the court. After all, wouldn’t it be great if your sneakers function fully and make a statement too?
That said, let’s go straight to our list;
Q: What is the best basketball shoe for a speedy defensive point guard?
A: I would recommend shoes with excellent traction. Don’t forget to apply other fillers as well.
Q: Can I get cheap basketball shoes that are under 65 dollars?
A: You can check the prices and see if it matches excellent features that can make a good fit for you.
Finding the best pair of basketball shoes can be hard, mainly because it involves a lot of research. Also, the options seem to be endless. But if you know some of the hacks that will guide you in your search, it will be a lot easier. A pair of shoes can provide all the support and all the innovative technology. But at the end of the day, if they also don’t offer comfort, they aren’t worth buying. You don’t want to give up your basketball dream. Deciding on the right shoes will make it happen or not.