How many rule are there in basketball?
There are eight rules encompassing 50 articles, covering equipment and facilities, regulations regarding teams, players, captains and coaches, playing regulations, violations, fouls and their penalties, special situations, and the officials and table officials. There, we are going to look at the 8 basketball rules that you must be aware of.
But I’ll tell you the ones needed in every game.
1. Travel. This happens when you take the ball and then take 3 or more steps.
2. Dub. This is also called as double dribble. This is when you dribble then touch the ball with both hands and start dribbling again.
3. Intentional or reach in foul. This is when you either intentionally or unintentionally hit any player on court.
4. Technical. When you argue with ref, fight with players, abuse and slang on the court.
5. Over the back. This occurs when you try taking a rebound on another player by clinging, pushing, climbing or pulling the player from the back.
6. Moving or illegal screen. This is when you move in a screen with a player trying to physically block the player.
7. You can’t kick while trying to shoot that will also give you a foul and may even count as technical.
8. Goaltending. When the ball is coming down or hits the ring then comes down towards the rim(ring) you can’t take the rebound, you can’t even touch the ball unless it falls right off or atleast is not above the ring.
Read Also: Basketball Hoop Height: How tall is a basketball hoop?
Tricks. Hmmm……… No idea I think it’s all sweat and blood. There’s flashy moves but even they require shit tonnes of training with flesh, blood and sweat. So no ideas